Almond Crusted Chevre and Grape Truffles19 Reviews
“A savory-sweet appetizer that looks like a candy truffle is really a juicy grape in a goat cheese coating, rolled in toasted almonds and chives.” - by Almond Board of California
Original recipe yields 13 truffles
- In a bowl, mix together chevre and cream cheese with a fork. Add port wine and a pinch of salt and pepper; mix until smooth. Chill 30 minutes.
- Toast almonds stovetop in a dry frypan until toasted, shaking the pan frequently, about 5 minutes on medium high heat. Lay out on a large cutting board to cool. Using a chef's knife, finely chop the almonds. Alternately, if you prefer to have ground almonds, chop in a food processor or grinder.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Press grape into mixture. Using plastic wrap, cover grape with cheese and roll into little ball with grape inside. Remove plastic wrap. Continue making rest of truffles.
- Spread almonds onto plate and mix in the chives. Roll each truffle ball in almonds and coat evenly.
- Refrigerate, covered until serving.
Amount Per Serving (13 total)
- 84 cal
- 6.9 g
- 2.4 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"I've been making this recipe for years, although slightly different/simpler. I use just straight goat cheese (not crumbled, found in 'tubes-like' packaging) to wrap the grapes. Instead of almonds to ..." See moreroll them in, I use crushed candied pecans (pecan pieces mixed within egg white, brown sugar & vanilla. baked for 15 at 325- cooled and crushed) That's it! It's a delicious variation enjoyed by my family every holiday season!"
"This is a nice, mild appetizer to serve with others on a tray. Save labor by using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop (the kind with a lever) to portion the cheese mixture. Pressing the grape right into th..." See moree scoop the cheese will ooze up around the grape and you can pat it to cover completely and then just pop it onto a plate. Wear light-weight food service gloves and it's quick and clean! I used grapes that were quite large, so needed to double the recipe to yield about 30. Fun to make and good eating!"
Almond Crunch Granola
Almond Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.