Pasta with Chicken and Almond Cream1 Reviews
“Chicken pieces are simmered in a light, creamy almond sauce flavored with sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers, with thinly shredded basil leaves added for color and flavor. The sauce is served on spaghetti.” - by Almond Board of California
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Season then brown chicken until light golden and just cooked through about 5 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add shallots to pan and saute 1 minute. Add sundried tomatoes, red pepper and ground almonds. Deglaze pan with wine until just evaporated. Add cream and almond milk, bring to a boil, stir until sauce thickens about 4 minutes. Add basil. Return chicken to the pan and simmer until just heated through.
- Cook pasta al dente. Drain, reserve about 1 cup pasta water. Add pasta into sauce and use pasta water if necessary for desired consistency.
- Garnish with toasted slivered almonds. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 713 cal
- 25.9 g
- 79 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Made as directed. It was alright, but definitely didn't have as much flavor as I expected. Probably won't make again/..." See more"
Almond Spinach Salad
Almond Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.