Chicken Zucchini Bake28 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“When zucchini is abundant, this seems to be one of my family's favorite ways to use it -- simple and extremely tasty! If you want it for breakfast -- eliminate the chicken!” - by DebbieJoe
Original recipe yields 1 11x15-inch dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Open the cans of crescent rolls, unroll the dough, and place the dough into the bottom of an 11x15-inch baking pan. Do not separate the rolls. Press the edges of the dough up the sides of the pan to make a shallow crust. Spread the honey mustard over the dough.
- Place the zucchini and a few tablespoons of water into a saucepan over medium heat, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook the zucchini until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set the zucchini aside. Place the onion in a large skillet with butter over medium heat, and cook and stir until the onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir the cooked zucchini and chicken into the onion, and mix well. Let the mixture heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread the zucchini mixture in an even layer over the crust.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with salt, black pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic powder; pour the egg mixture over the zucchini. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the egg mixture is set and the cheese is browned and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 457 cal
- 25.4 g
- 29.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"OMG SO SO GOOD!!!! Let me start off by saying I was very skeptical about this recipe. I just put down my fork and yet I want more. This recipe is such a surprise you will be blown away by the flavor....." See more Love love love this recipe!**Update we made this recipe again for the thousand time, this time we seasoned the chicken with lemon pepper omitted the honey mustard and used just a small amount of ranch dressing in it's place. Everything else we kept the same and it turned out AMAZING! It tastes like our favorite pizza from straw hat pizza the lemon pepper chicken pizza this is how we will be making this recipe from now on it's so delicious"
"Just made this for dinner this evening. Recipe is true to the text. Start to finish took me 1hr 15min! Instead of slicing the onion, I fine diced it & sauteed it. (Our family doesn't like chunks of..." See more onion. Putting the onion in a food processor gives the flavor without the texture.) That was our only change. The honey Dijon mustard gives it just the right amount of sweet kick...and my kids don't like mustard. They gobbled it up."
Baked Chicken and Zucchini
Easy, Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.