Quiche Lorraine I243 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“It's a delicious way to start a meal! ” - by LADYNUSS
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line pastry with a double layer of aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 4 to 5 minutes more, or until crust is set. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease in skillet. Cook onion in reserved drippings until tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk and salt. Stir in bacon and onion. In a separate bowl, toss cheese and flour together. Add cheese to egg mixture; stir well. Pour mixture into hot pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent burning. Let quiche cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 461 cal
- 33.8 g
- 21.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (243)Rate This Recipe
"I use a frozen deep dish pie crust. Flash bake it for 10 minutes at 350. Add an additional egg and use 1 cup half and half. Sauteed a minced clove of garlic with the onion. Add salt, pepper and a l..." See moreittle thyme. 8 slices bacon. I've tried it with Swiss and Cheddar and both are good. Cook at 350 until set and a little brown and knife comes out clean. Fanstastic!! Reheats really well too."
"The filling for this recipe is delicious. However, 450 degrees is way too high a temperature in which to pre-bake the crust. The edges burn. The second time I made this recipe, I pre-baked the crus..." See moret at 350 degrees and had a much better result."
"I love this recipe and made a large batch to sell in my church's coffee shop. I followed this recipe, for the most part,with the exception of increasing the eggs to 6 and adding another 1/2 cup of mil..." See morek. I used a combination of 1 lb sage Jimmy Dean Sausage and 4 slices crumbled bacon. I also added a light sprinkling of Garlic salt along with the 1/4 tsp. salt and I used 2 cups of mild cheddar and some left over colby/cheddar mix. I did toss the cheese in 1 TBS flour.I used a large 9x12 commercial pan and used the "No Roll Pie Crust II" from this site, doubling the dough to fit the pan. This was the first item sold out at the coffee shop and I only made one pan. I have made this Quiche as stated with outstanding results. This is also a good recipe to add your own goodies and flair! I prepared it the night before, pre-baked the pie crust at 450 for 8 minutes, poured in the mixture and then refrigerated until morning. With the oven at 350 I baked it for 35 minutes then I topped off with more cheese and crumbled bacon for 5 minutes. It was perfect! Try different cheeses and do not be afraid to experiment. This recipe is foolproof."
Low Carb and Gluten Free Quiche Lorraine
Just swipe to see more like this.