Donna's Lasagna58 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This is a great tasting lasagna, and a family favorite.” - by Kathy Caswell
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook ground beef and sausage over medium heat until brown; drain. Stir in tomato puree, tomato paste, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, Parmesan, 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a 9x13 inch baking dish, layer a third each of the noodles, sliced mozzarella, cottage cheese mixture, and meat sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake lasagna in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 406 cal
- 19.7 g
- 26.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"It's okay, but COTTAGE CHEESE???? I knew I should have just used the ricotta, but I wanted to try it first as is. Next time--- RICOTTA. Now that it's so available I don't know why anyone would use ..." See morecottage cheese in lasagne."
"Very good. I add one 10oz. box of frozen chopped spinach with the meat mixture for more nutrition. Good way sneak in something green Moms. **Tip** for all Lasagna makers - no need to wash another p..." See moreot to boil noodles. Soak raw, hard noodles in a large bowl of hot tap or boiling water for 30 min. Then layer as usual. Noodles won't be cooked, but will complete it's cooking in the oven."
"Great tasting lasagne! This recipe requires a little preparation, but it is certainly worth it. I chose to use chicken instead of beef and it wasn't a problem. Using many different cheeses makes th..." See moree lasagna tick! Perhaps adding a tad more sugar to the tomato mix would be nice, for the tomato paste is quite concentrated. Also, I would recommend putting something (an egg, more cheese, tomato sauce, etc.) on the top layer of lasagna noodles so that they won't be burnt. Mmmmm. :)"
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.