Erin's Year Round Party Dip5 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Just change the name and bring this dish along to the next party, and you are guaranteed to be getting noticed. This taco dip is simple and lasting. Make a day or two before and just heat it up 15 minutes before serving. Be prepared for compliments!!! Serve with tortilla chips.” - by Erin Eckenrode
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch pan
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the ground buffalo until the meat is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water and taco seasoning. Reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the cream cheese and 1/4 cup water in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl; heat in the microwave, stirring occasionally, until softened and easily spread, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread the cooled buffalo meat on the bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan or baking dish, then spread the cream cheese mixture over the meat. Pour the salsa in an even layer over the cream cheese, and top with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese melts and is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 221 cal
- 17.1 g
- 3 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for hubby to take (and bake) at work. While making it, there seemed to be a ton of cheese on this, but hubby likes cheese so I used it all. His and his co-workers' comments were that they..." See more loved it, and that it was very cheesy but they didn't mind that. Two men suggested having jarred sliced jalapenos on the side for those wishing to add them. One man said you could substitute venison for the "hamburger" meat, that's when hubby 'fessed up about the buffalo meat (undetected by all). He did have to significantly increase the baking time, perhaps because it had been refrigerated prior to baking. The only change I made was decreasing the water by half because I didn't want runny cream cheese, and 1/8 cup water worked very well. Hubby said that because of all the melted cheese, it was hard to dip a tortilla chip into the dip, so he grabbed a metal teaspoon, placed several tortilla chips on his plate and spooned the dip onto the chips, and other men began doing likewise. They scraped the pan clean! This was easier to make than the traditional 7-layer taco dip, and serving it heated was nice also."
"well i had a hard time finding the bison meat but the vension worked just as well. my husband the hunter has plenty of that. it was a hit and i sure hope i won't attend the same party as erin because..." See more i am bringing this appetizer thanks Erin, Barb"
The Best Frikin' Party Dip Ever!
California Party Spread from Town House(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.