Flank Steak Marinade16 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 25 min
“This flank steak recipe has been in our family for years. Quick, simple marinade to make that will keep your guests coming for more.” - by Ron H. Letwinski
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Score the flank steak by making shallow crisscross cuts on both sides.
- Place the olive oil, light brown sugar, red wine, soy sauce, onion powder, honey, green onions, garlic cloves, garlic vinegar, ground ginger, and garlic powder in a blender. Puree until smooth; pour mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Add the steak, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Allow the flank steak to rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. Remove the steak from the marinade, and shake off excess. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Grill the steak on the preheated grill until it starts to firm, and is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, about 7 minutes per side, basting often with the sterilized marinade. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 482 cal
- 31.6 g
- 32.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This was excellent. I have been buying marinated steak tips at The Meat House and this marinade is very close in taste to their's. I used red wine vinegar instead of garlic vinegar, and added a bit ..." See moreof kosher salt. I also used a little less brown sugar. It was FABULOUS."
"WOW!!! I love this recipe. My boyfriend and I used it for Flank Steak with a side of cheddar grits with scallions and sauteed snow peas. Best meal but the marinade made it sooo yummy! thanks for shari..." See moreng what will be a recipe forever!"
"This was a lot of ingredients! I didn't have flank steak so I used a 1" think slice of equally tough meat. I used a hand emulsion blender to grind it together. Just make sure that you do not cook the..." See more meat in the house as I did the first time. The meat will steam in the marinade and then burn in the pan becoming bitter tasting from the sugar in marinades. It makes clean-up a pain to. On the grill it worked fine, the next time, although I was hoping for a more juicy aftertaste. But, I guess when you start with a tough cut of meat marinades can only do so much. It did have a really nice smell on the grilll though, and the people I served it to seemed to like it."
G's Flank Steak Marinade
Marinated Flank Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.