Spinach and Red Chard Quiche33 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“An excellent tofu quiche. You would never know it did not have eggs.” - by MAYERS
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake pie crust until lightly browned. Meanwhile, place spinach and Swiss chard in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Lightly cook, about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions and garlic. When onions become transparent add spinach and chard. Stir in curry powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Saute until spinach and chard reduce, then add mushrooms and capers. Stir and remove from heat.
- In a blender or food processor, combine tofu, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour over vegetables and mix well. Transfer mixture to the pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle top with Cheddar cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 442 cal
- 27.7 g
- 28.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (33)Rate This Recipe
"WOW -- OK, when I first made this, I was NOT impressed (consistency was weird and I thought it needed eggs)... BUT a day later and reheated, it's TO DIE FOR. I left out the capers because I don't lik..." See moree them, and added just a tad bit more milk to the blender to make the tofu mixture a bit more creamy. Oh, and I didn't brown the crust first... just thawed it from frozen. And, I didn't steam the greens first. I didn't understand this extra step anyway. Just add to the onion/garlic mixture when called for. ;)"
"I had recently purchased a 1 lb. bag of cleaned/chopped chard from Trader Joe's and then went searching for a good recipe. So glad I found this one! I made it last night and it's very good! What ma..." See morekes it even better is knowing how nutritious it is. I'm glad I read about the need for 2 pie shells because mine yielded exactly that. I used all the chard and no spinach. I also purchased the healthier pie shells...no trans fat and all natural ingredients. I added a little more parmesan and cheddar and didn't add capers and cardamom. I also added some sliced red peppers and sauteeed them with the onions and added can of drained/rinsed mushrooms. Next time, I will incorporate most of the cheddar into the mixture and sprinkle less on top. This recipe is definitely a keeper and is good served with a salad. Thank you, Melissa!"
Light and Fluffy Spinach Quiche
Suzanne's Spinach Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.