Tangy Apple Chicken Loaf58 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“A twist on traditional meatloaf, this dish is sweet and savory with a tangy glaze. ” - by mamaluvs2cook
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the celery and onion with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and browned, about 12 minutes. Stir in the carrot, and cook for 5 more minutes; stir in the apple, and remove the mixture from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly mix together the ground chicken, egg, 1/3 cup of applesauce, milk, bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, sage, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Mix in the cooked vegetable-apple mixture. Form the mixture into a loaf, and place into the center of a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together 1/3 cup of applesauce, the Dijon mustard, and honey into a smooth mixture, and spread the glaze over the top and sides of the meat loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until the internal temperature of the loaf is 180 degrees F (80 degrees C), about 30 more minutes. Allow the loaf to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 213 cal
- 6.6 g
- 15.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"This is the best meat loaf I have ever eaten. The only thing that I changed was the chicken, I used turkey. Very moist. Tired this out on my boyfriend and he went back twice for more. He couldn't w..." See moreait for leftovers tonight. It was better tonight. Tanks for the WONDERFUL healthy recipe."
"Fantastic! My partner and my son loved this recipe. In fact, my partner says it's his favorite recipe I've ever made. I served this with mushroom-garlic-herb couscous cooked in chicken broth...." See more"
Korean Spicy Chicken Tenders with Sweet Apple
Chicken and Apple Curry
Just swipe to see more like this.