Tropical Mango Salsa Scallops1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“A hint of Maya and a hint of the south Pacific combine to create a wonderful summer starter! You want lots of lime juice in there! It matches so well with chile pepper and mango. If you can't find mangoes, guava fruit also works well!” - by paulscape
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Arrange the potato slices on a large plate. Cook in microwave on High until tender about 3 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes to the skillet, season with the salt and pepper, and cook in the hot oil until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Stir the mango, onion, chives, tomato, red chile pepper, garlic, and lime juice together in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the scallops in the hot oil until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Remove scallops and place each individual scallop on top of a potato chip as a base, then smother liberally with the salsa. They should be big enough to cut up with a knife or put into the mouth whole.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 297 cal
- 16.4 g
- 29.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for my usual Saturday night family gathering and it was a big hit! They all loved it. I will be making this again. The only change I made was I used a sweet Vidalia onion instead of a Span..." See moreish onion. I also want to mention be sure to set the scallops on a paper towel before placing on the potatoes to remove excess oil and keep the potoatos crisp!"
Blackened Tuna Steaks with Mango Salsa
Tropical Mango and Pineapple Paradise Salsa
Just swipe to see more like this.