Mandy's Crab Stuffed Zucchini9 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“After searching for yet another way to use garden zucchini, I found a recipe for a crab stuffing that after many tries I think I have perfected!” - by mrsblizz
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice the zucchini in half the long way, and scoop out the seeds and flesh, leaving a 1/2-inch thick shell all around. Discard flesh, or save for another use. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and immerse the zucchini boats in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove from the water, drain, and place into a 9x12-inch baking dish. With a paper towel, blot away any excess water from the inside of the zucchini.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion, garlic, and green pepper until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Gently stir in the crabmeat, and cook about 5 more minutes, until the crabmeat is hot. Keep the crabmeat in lump pieces as much as possible. Season the crab mixture with paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the crab mixture into a mixing bowl, and lightly stir in bread crumbs, mayonnaise, and white wine. Add a bit more mayonnaise to help the mixture hold together, if needed. Spoon the filling into the prepared zucchini shells, and brush each zucchini with about 3/4 tablespoon of melted butter. Top each stuffed zucchini with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese melts and the filling is hot, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 432 cal
- 27.4 g
- 29.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This is a delicious keeper. First time I made it exactly. The amount of stuffing was enormous, easily enough for 8 squash. I baked the extra in a casserole. Most of the cheese fell off the zucchini an..." See mored burned on the pan. Second time I was in a hurry, so I sauteed the veggies, including the zucchini pulp, in all 4 Tbsp butter. Then I mixed the Parmesan cheese in with the stuffing ingredients. Turned out I was out of white wine, so I used white wine vinegar. Then I microwaved the stuffed zucchini for 4 minutes. The result was just as yummy as the original recipe. The vinegar added an interesting tang. Next time I may try it with balsamic vinegar."
"Very tasty meal! The recipe easily serves 4, this is a very filling meal. Don't overload the parmesan, as it's a very strong cheese and will take away from the crab flavor. I served this with a pin..." See moreo grigio wine and it was a huge hit!"
Nat's Shrimp and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini
Stuffed Zucchini Shells
Just swipe to see more like this.