Blueberry Lemon Walnut Bread10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“The tartness of lemons complements the sweet subtle taste of walnuts in this quick bread recipe. The addition of blueberries offers a colorful antioxidant boost.” - by California Walnut Board
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a dry skillet, toast walnuts over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, lemon zest, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, melted butter and oil. Whisk just to combine.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add liquid ingredients and mix gently just to combine; do not over-mix. Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 20 minutes; remove from pan, cool to room temperature.
- To make the glaze, combine sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat and continue stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Brush glaze over bread while still warm.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 283 cal
- 12 g
- 40.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Very good, moist bread, despite the reduced amount of fat compared to other breads. I did not use the walnuts because my kids didn't want nuts in the bread. I poked little holes in the bread while w..." See morearm and then added the glaze, which helps keep the bread moist and full of lemon flavor. I also used lemon extract instead of vanilla."
"This bread was pretty good however, I feel that it was missing a little something. I realized that it tasted awesome when you got a bite with the glaze on it. I'm thinking with a tad more sugar and ..." See morelemon in the bread this would be a 5 star recipe in my opinion. I am willing to try though. :)"
Lemon Blueberry Bread
California Walnut Streusel Apple Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.