Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies113 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“With this versatile recipe, you can make chocolate chip drop cookies, bar cookies, large round cookies, or chocolate drizzled cookies.” - by Crisco Baking Sticks®
Original recipe yields 3 -dozen cookies
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
- TIP* If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 136 cal
- 7.9 g
- 15.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (113)Rate This Recipe
"Oh wow, this definitely is one of the "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies"! These cookies are chocolatey, chewy on this inside and crispy on the outside - just perfect! The only thing I did differently w..." See moreas to use half white sugar and half brown sugar. I love the combination of chocolate and pecans! I always line my baking sheet with parchment paper to ensure a good baking experience. Be sure to have a tall glass of ice cold milk handy as you're gonna want to eat a bunch of these warm from the oven!"
"I LOVE this recipe - have fine-tuned just a little - substitute real butter for butter flavored Crisco, increase the flour to 2 1/4 cups (need more flour when using real butter), and use Girardelli Mi..." See morelk Chocolate Chips - BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER!!!"
Chocolate-Mint Brownie Cookies
Chocolate Crackled Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.