Penne Pasta Lasagna8 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe, adapted to use the traditional flavors of Classico® Pasta Sauce, was originally submitted by Allrecipes home cook Regan.” - by Regan
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and beaten egg. Stir until well combined.
- In the prepared dish layer half the pasta, half the sauce and half the cheese mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven 34 to 40 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 587 cal
- 24.5 g
- 51.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I found this rather bland even with the Tom and Basil sauce, perhaps next time would season the meat and/or add onion...." See more"
House of Aqua
"I had no problem with this recipe as others claimed to have. I actually used less sauce than the recipe calls for and it was more than plenty. I used a whole wheat penne and I just added some chopped ..." See morefresh onions, garlic, and basil leaves to the cheese mixture. I will be making this recipe again!"
"Was totally fine. Made it to use up leftovers (sauce from spaghetti, ricotta from manicotti, leftover angel hair, ground beef that we'd cooked because we had to before it was too late). Our sauce star..." See morets w/Classico Tomato/Basil then hubs adds sausage, garlic & onion, added fresh parsley, basil & a pinch of salt to the ricotta, then chopped up the angel hair a bit. We had to use a mixture of mozzarella, cheddar & jack cause we only had small amounts of each, then layered as directed, eyeballing the amount of sauce. Tasted like lasagna to us. We enjoyed it, our granddaughter "Chef Ava" loved it!"
Broccoli and Garlic Penne Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.