Best Lasagna with Zucchini2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This recipe, adapted to use the traditional flavors of Classico® Pasta Sauce, was originally submitted by Allrecipes home cook Kristen.” - by Kristen
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Boil lasagna noodles 6 to 8 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Lay noodles flat and remove excess water with a paper towel.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until there is no remaining pink color in beef. Drain any liquids and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, 2 cups of the pasta sauce and the seasoned ground beef. Mix until well blended. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add a thin layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add a layer of noodles lengthwise and a few noodles in the opposite direction. Pour in a generous layer of ricotta mixture on top of noodles. Top ricotta layer with several basil leaves. Add another layer of noodles lengthwise. Spread on 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Line up the zucchini slices on top of the mozzarella cheese. Add another thin layer of ricotta cheese. Add the last layer of noodles lengthwise. Top the noodles with the remaining pasta sauce, several more basil leaves in an eye catching arrangement and top with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes. If Mozzarella cheese becomes too browned, loosely cover with a piece of foil.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 519 cal
- 21.5 g
- 47.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I picked this recipe to try because I love zucchini. Unfortunately, my daughter doesn't like zucchini but that was her only complaint. She did take two servings though. Hubby's opinion was it wasn'..." See moret cheesy enough. I did only use half the Romano but I did use an extra 1/2 cup of mozzarella. I also left the basil leaves out. I thought it was pretty good."
Sausage and Zucchini Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.