Eggplant, Tomato, and Cheese Bake2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This recipe, adapted to use the traditional flavors of Classico® Pasta Sauce, was originally submitted by Allrecipes home cook MBC.” - by MBC
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Shake to mix. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. There should be enough oil to thinly coat the bottom of the skillet. Dip the eggplant slices in egg, then place in the bag and shake to coat. Fry the slices in the skillet until golden brown on each side. Remove, and drain on paper towels.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce sauce in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. Cover with the eggplant slices, then top with more sauce. Mix together the ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese; spread over the eggplant. Spread sauce over the cheese, and top with tomato slices. Cover with more sauce, and spread remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Serve the eggplant tomato bake over pasta.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 587 cal
- 20.1 g
- 73.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious! I followed the recipe exactly as it's written. The only thing is i'll probably double the Tomato/Basil sauce next time. Oh, and I used Bertoli since that's our favorite brand around here. J..." See moreust a few extra notes...check the eggplant constantly when on the skillet because they burn easily. Also, this took me a lot longer than 15 minutes to prep. Otherwise, awesome recipe!"
Baked Three Cheese Eggplant
Eggplant and Tomato Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.