Coconut Chicken38 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 50 min
“I couldn't find a recipe for coconut chicken that is typically served at a Chinese buffet, so I made my own. This is baked, not fried. I like to serve this with rice and edamame. My husband and picky 2 year old love this!” - by katie
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Pour half the coconut milk, the garlic, soy sauce, and lime juice into a resealable plastic zipper bag, and shake to thoroughly combine the marinade. Place the chicken strips into the bag, squeeze several times to coat the chicken with marinade, and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Reserve the rest of the coconut milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with olive oil.
- Place the shredded coconut into a blender or food processor and pulse several times until the coconut is ground into crumbs. Mix it with panko crumbs, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Place the flour into a second bowl, and the egg into a third shallow bowl. Shake excess marinade from chicken strips, and dip them into the flour to thoroughly coat; then dip into egg, and finally into the coconut crumb mixture. Place the coated strips onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the chicken strips in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Mix the reserved coconut milk and mayonnaise in a small saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat; serve the sauce drizzled over the chicken strips or on the side for dipping.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 409 cal
- 21.6 g
- 29.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (38)Rate This Recipe
"Love this chicken! I've made it 3 times now, and get great feedback from guests and family. Tonight I served it with white rice, stir fried broccoli and pineapple with a terryaki sauce. I also cheate..." See mored and used 2 chicken gravy packets as a sauce instead of the suggested sauce. Thanks, katie!"
"Wow.... I didn't have high hopes for this as most oven baked chicken fingers are just "so so", but these were fantastic! They had great flavor and the breading was nice and crispy. The sauce seemed li..." See moreke something my family wouldn't eat so I made my own: remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk (light), 1/4 cup water, juice from 1 lime, 2 tsp. soy sauce, 3 TBSP sugar and 3 TBSP corn starch. Whisk in a pot before putting on heat, bring to a boil and keep warm until served. My PICKY PICKY kids devoured this! Thanks!!!"
Curried Coconut Chicken
Michelle's Coconut Chicken Curry
Just swipe to see more like this.