Very Green Broccoli Soup0 Reviews
- Prep: 50 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This creamy, delicate mixture of Progresso® chicken broth and broccoli will add rich layers of flavor and make you a hero among guests!” - by Progresso®
Original recipe yields 8 cups
- Cut broccoli florets from stems. Peel tough outer skin from stems; trim off fibrous ends. Cut stems into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Stir in onion and celery; season with salt. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together gremolata ingredients; set aside.
- Stir thyme, broccoli stems and broth into soup. Heat to boiling. Cook uncovered over medium heat about 3 minutes. Stir in broccoli florets; cook about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is very tender. Stir in spinach and lemon peel (spinach will wilt).
- In blender, cover and puree soup in small batches. (At this point, soup can be covered and refrigerated up to 1 day or frozen up to 1 month.) Return soup to Dutch oven; reheat over medium-low heat. Stir in cream; season to taste with additional salt and the pepper.
- Ladle soup into warm individual soup bowls. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon gremolata onto each serving. Pass remaining gremolata at table.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 243 cal
- 18.5 g
- 15 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Mashed Potato Gratin
Just swipe to see more like this.