Mashed Potato Gratin2 Reviews
“Everyone seems to have a Potato Gratin recipe in their family, and this is my family's, with the hallmark Italian flavors of garlic and Parmesan cheese.” - by Progresso®
Original recipe yields 9 (1/2-cup) servings
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter 2-quart casserole. Pour broth into 2-quart saucepan. Add potatoes; stir in 1 teaspoon salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Place colander over medium bowl; drain potatoes, reserving broth.
- Rinse and dry saucepan. Cook 2 tablespoons of the butter and the garlic in saucepan over low heat 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return potatoes to saucepan with butter and garlic; mash with potato masher.
- Add 1 cup of the reserved broth to potatoes; mix until smooth. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon potato mixture into casserole. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 263 cal
- 9.6 g
- 37.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I only had plain panko bread crumbs so I added Italian seasoning. Flavor was good but potatoes came out a bit dry/pasty. Perhaps a little more added broth and/or butter would help...." See more"
Chiarello's Chicken and Pastina Soup
Very Green Broccoli Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.