Angry Shrimp with Tuscan White Beans5 Reviews
“When you crave a meal with a kick, this dish is the perfect dinner. The cannellini beans provide the perfect, creamy partner to the crispy zing of the serrano chile, orange zest and panko bread crumbs.” - by Progresso®
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In small saucepan, heat beans, 2 tablespoons olive oil and the chicken broth to boiling. Reduce heat to low to keep mixture warm. (Lemon juice and parsley will be added later.)
- In small bowl, mix flour, chili powder, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. In another small bowl, beat egg lightly. In third small bowl, place bread crumbs.
- Coat shrimp with flour mixture, shaking off excess; next dip shrimp into egg and then coat with bread crumbs. In 10-inch skillet, heat 1/3 cup of the oil over high heat. Add shrimp to skillet in single layer. (Do not toss or move shrimp.) Cook about 3 minutes. Turn shrimp over; cook until browned. Remove shrimp from skillet to cookie sheet.
- Add garlic to hot oil in skillet; cook and stir until light brown, adding more oil if necessary. Add chile; cook until soft. Carefully add basil (water in skillet will pop). Cook 45 to 60 seconds or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, stir lemon juice and parsley into bean mixture in saucepan; season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Stir orange peel into basil mixture in skillet. Remove from heat. Return shrimp to skillet; toss to combine.
- Spoon bean mixture onto platter or individual plates. Drizzle with olive oil. Top with shrimp; spoon some of basil mixture with some of its oil over top.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 805 cal
- 39.1 g
- 82.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This was quite good but not spicy enough for me. The recipe itself could be written better....let the beans boil for a few minutes so that it thickens otherwise you will just have beans and broth. Al..." See moreso 1 egg was not enough for the amount of shrimp."
"My husband and I made this on Saturday. It was so easy to make and totally delicious. I highly recommend it!..." See more"
Crab Cakes Chiarello
Turkey Scallopini and Squash Ravioli with Cranberry Brown Butter
Just swipe to see more like this.