Hearty Vegetarian Lasagna5 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This recipe, adapted to use the traditional flavors of Classico® Pasta Sauce, was originally submitted by Allrecipes home cook Sue.” - by Sue
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Cook the lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse with cold water, and drain.
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir mushrooms, green peppers, onion, and garlic in oil. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread 1 cup tomato sauce into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 each, lasagna noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layering, and top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 416 cal
- 17.2 g
- 43.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I made quite a bit more hearty with chopped carrots, chopped zucchini, more garlic, a whole large sweet onion, and chopped red pepper. This only needed one jar of spaghetti sauce--I used an organic br..." See moreand. Because I'm on a budget, I used Trim cottage cheese instead of ricotta. I also took a tip from Pioneer Woman and used deli sliced mozzerella cheese instead of shredded which made it a snap to put together (TIP: This makes for a firmer lasagna, too.). This was a good meatless dinner for us to trim down the budget a bit (and our dinner guests that don't eat meat). We all enjoyed this. Next time, I would add a little more spice--like oregano and a little red pepper flake."
"Made this last night for dinner. Followed the recipe exactly, but used Newmans Marinara instead of the Classico and used whole wheat noodles. It turned out ALRIGHT. Definitely way to much cheese. UPD..." See moreATE: Ate for leftovers once and threw the whole thing away. This recipe needs some tweaking!"
Hearty Vegetable Lasagna
Spicy Vegetarian Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.