Veggie Lasagna Rolls3 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“This recipe, adapted to use the traditional flavors of Classico® Pasta Sauce, was originally submitted by Allrecipes home cook Chrissy Fessler.” - by Chrissy Fessler
Original recipe yields 4 to 6 servings
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse, drain, set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan. Add mushrooms, onions, carrots, peas, and broccoli; saute over medium heat until tender. Add wine and garlic; cook five minutes, or until wine has just about evaporated. Remove from heat, and cool for ten minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine sauteed vegetable mixture, mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and egg. Mix well.
- Pour half of the pasta sauce into the bottom of a 13x9x2inch baking pan. Spread 1/3 cup vegetable mixture over each lasagna noodle then carefully roll up the noodle. Place seam side down in dish. When finished placing all the noodles in the pan, pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over noodles. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Uncover, and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over noodles. Bake, uncovered, 5 more minutes. Garnish and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 668 cal
- 21.1 g
- 90.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I used cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella and left out the peas (hubby doesn't like them). Next time I will use more cheese in a combo of cheddar cheese and Mozzarella. Also, I would add more vegg..." See moreies! Delicious and wonderful!"
"Excellent twist on a classic dish. Next time I will use zucchini instead of broccoli. I also used whole wheat noodles in an attempt at making it more healthy which worked well. I ended up way too mu..." See morech veggie mixture for the allotted space in the pan, so I used the noodles that broke to make second smaller casserole with sauce, noddles, veggie mixture, more noodles and sauce on top. It was nice because now I have dinner for another night this week already prepared. Was really good with Italian bread and I will add a side salad next time too. The only down side was rolling the mixture into the noodles and transferring it to the pan - messy! Tasted great though. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I didn't make this exactly according to the recipe but it was the recipe I found that had veggies and used tomato sauce, the other veggie lasagna's I found had white sauces that I'm not sure my boys w..." See moreould like. I exchanged the sliced carrots, peas and broccoli for 3 cups of frozen mixed veggies because that's what I had on hand and added half a package of frozen spinach, I kept the rest of the ingredients the same. I didn't roll the veggies, I just layered like regular lasagna because I was running short on time. It turned out WONDERFUL! It's an excellent base recipe. I might try stuffing manicotti noodles with the veggies from this sometime. We will definitely keep this recipe. Thanks Chrissy!"
Italian Veggie Rolls
Chicken Lasagna Alfredo
Just swipe to see more like this.