Pork Apple Meatballs6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“Ground pork, applesauce, soy sauce, and carrots give these meatballs a sweet and salty flavor.” - by Madchen
Original recipe yields 16 meatballs
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of warm water over the mushrooms; allow to soak until the mushrooms have rehydrated, about 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the water, and set both the mushrooms and water aside.
- Combine the ground pork, carrots, onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, the drained mushrooms, and the egg white in a large bowl; mix with hands until evenly combined. Form the mixture into 16 meatballs; arrange into the prepared baking dish.
- Stir the reserved water from the mushrooms, the applesauce, 1/4 cup water, maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and brown sugar together in a bowl; pour over the meatballs. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the foil from the dish and continue baking until the meatballs are cooked through and no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 194 cal
- 8.6 g
- 16.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This is really good, I just had a couple of changes, I added some salt and pepper to the meatballs,also you need to have more sauce. I made pineapple rice and put the meatballs over. It was yummy!!!..." See more"
"I only rated this 3 because we didn't care for the taste of the dried mushrooms in the meatballs. Once the mushrooms were picked out we enjoyed them and the sauce is very tasty and not overly sweet...." See more"
Cranberry Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
Pork Balls and Sauerkraut
Just swipe to see more like this.