Kelsandra's Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls58 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“I made these up for a friend who loves pumpkin. I looked at a few pumpkin pie recipes and tried to include some of the same ingredients. Here is the delicious result.” - by dpht3
Original recipe yields 12 pumpkin rolls
- Pour the warm water into a large mixing bowl, and sprinkle yeast over the water. Allow to stand until the yeast begins to form a creamy foam, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk, white sugar, pumpkin, olive oil, and egg. Mix until thoroughly combined. Mix in 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, then add about 5 cups of flour, or as needed to make a stiff dough. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Dough will be slightly sticky. Form the dough into a ball, place into an oiled bowl, cover with a cloth, and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes. (The dough will rise, but it won't double.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Punch down the dough, and roll it out to a rectangle shape on a floured work surface until it measures about 18 inches wide and 26 inches long. Brush the dough with 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix the brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl, and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the dough. Roll up the dough the long way, and pinch the seam closed, then cut the dough into 12 equal-sized pieces with a sharp knife. Lay the rolls into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, mix vanilla extract, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, confectioners' sugar, and milk together to make a glaze. Spread the glaze over the rolls as soon as they come out of the oven.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 514 cal
- 13.8 g
- 90.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (58)Rate This Recipe
"This is an outstanding cinnamon roll recipe. I highly recommend this one. I followed the recipe just as it's written, with the exception of two minor additions and one omission: I added raisins to the..." See more filling and a teaspoon of orange zest to the icing. I left the milk out of the glaze as we preferred to keep it thick like a typical cream cheese icing, but don't omit it if you are looking for more of a glaze than an 'icing'. The rolls were tender and chewy with wonderful flavor. Well done on this spectacular recipe!"
"After looking over this recipe and reading it's reviews, I decided I was feeling adventurous enough to take it on. This is certainly not a typical cinnamon roll recipe, from the ingredients right down..." See more to the rising pattern, so I knew that deferring specifically to how it's written would be my first step. I made sure not to use fat free evaporated milk and I used olive oil, not vegetable oil. Olive oil in baking often produces wonderful results, I have found. I did not find the need to add extra flour. 5 cups was perfect. I've no doubt adding extra flour would have affected my results. Note that I missed the 'cook's note' at the bottom of the recipe upon first review, so popped the buns straight into the oven. I must say we enjoyed the results, finding the rolls moist and delightfully flavored. The most remarkable thing about this recipe is how moist and delicious the buns were still, a few days later (only two of us in the household). A typical cinnamon roll will only last a day before becoming stale. What a delightful surprise this recipe was."
"We enjoyed these, but I did feel they were missing something. I think chopped pecans would be a wonderful addition to the filling. I expected more pumpkin flavor with this recipe, but enjoyed the flav..." See moreor as made. The dough was extremely soft and sticky, requiring an additional cup or so of flour to make a workable dough. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer to make the dough. I did make 16 rolls rather than 12, and baked the extra four in a small casserole dish. My coworkers loved this recipe. Thanks for sharing!"
Classic Cinnamon Rolls
Frosted Cinnamon Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.