Cheesy Chicken Bundles31 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This is one of my husband's favorites, which is good because I love it too and it is so easy to make! I love recipes that can easily be adapted, and this one is perfect because there are so many different things you could do with it. Try it and I promise you will love it! For me the best thing about this recipe is LOTS of filling -- so if you feel like there is not enough, go ahead and double the recipe.” - by mrscoleman
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Place a chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Repeat with the other chicken breasts.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet, and cook the mushrooms until they begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Set aside. Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Place the cracker crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- In a bowl, mix together the mushrooms, cream cheese, 1 cup of Cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese; spread the mixture generously over the chicken. Roll the chicken breasts up, dip each into beaten egg, and roll the bundles in cracker crumbs. Place into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the bundles with the remaining 1/4 cup of Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through, the filling has melted, and the crumbs are golden brown, about 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a roll should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 680 cal
- 46.4 g
- 20.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"Thanks for a great keeper. Hubby and I loved it. I omitted the cream cheese because I didn't think it needed it and it was wonderful without it. Thanks again...." See more"
"this is a wonderful recipe, I spreed mayo on my chicken and then rolled it in the cracker crumbs. Can add any mixture that you like in the filling. I change often to make it a little diferent all the ..." See moretime."
Cheesy Chicken and Yellow Rice
Cheesy Chicken and Pineapple
Just swipe to see more like this.