Savory Stuffing Bread2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 40 min
“This bread is used to make dressing/stuffing for turkey or other fowl.” - by Rarik
Original recipe yields 2 9x5-inch loaves
- Mix yeast, warm water, sugar, salt, eggs, and vegetable oil together in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, poultry seasoning, savory, sage, dill, black pepper, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined. Beat the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, about 1 cup at a time, until the dough is smooth; add up to 1 more cup of flour if needed.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface, and knead until the dough is springy, smooth, and elastic, about 8 minutes. Form the dough into a ball, and place into an oiled bowl. Turn the dough ball around in the bowl to lightly oil the dough, then cover the bowl with a cloth and let the dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease 2 9x5-inch loaf pans. Punch down the dough, knead several times to remove air pockets, then cut the dough in half. Shape each half into a log, pinching the seams closed, then place into the prepared loaf pans seam sides down. Lightly cover the pans with a cloth, and let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake the bread until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes; remove from pans and cool on wire cooling racks.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 215 cal
- 4.7 g
- 37.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Herb Batter Bread
Habanero, Rosemary, and Cheddar Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.