Butterfly Chili Lime Prawn Spedini with Raspberry Dipping Sauce4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 40 min
“A fun citrus and spice twist on a beautifully butterflied prawn.” - by Raelee's recipes
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Stir together the lime juice, chili oil, and sea salt in a mixing bowl until the salt dissolves. Cut the shrimp through the back vein nearly through to the other side, leaving the two sides attached. Toss the shrimp in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate 4 hours. Soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Make the raspberry dipping sauce by bringing the raspberry vinegar, sugar, and raspberries to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the raspberries have lost their form and turned into a sauce. Scrape the raspberry mixture into a fine mesh strainer, and allow any excess liquid to drip away. Discard the liquid, and place the pulp into a small bowl. Stir in the minced jalapeno peppers to complete the dipping sauce.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and thread one onto each soaked skewer. Wiggle the skewer through the shrimp so that the tails are pointing upwards. These should look like lollipops. Place the skewers onto a broiler pan.
- Cook in the preheated oven until the shrimp start to look pink and a little toasty, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Serve with the raspberry dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 195 cal
- 5.8 g
- 13.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This was a huge hit. 8 people devoured over 1lb of prawns in a matter of minutes. They raved about the dipping sauce too. The marinated has a lot of lime juice. This tends to cook the prawns like ce..." See moreviche. Then after grilling they were a little tough. I am not sure that this part worked as well as I would have liked. Maybe some wine and zest would be better. I will test this approach next time. They cook very quickly under the broiler so keep a close eye on they or you will over cook the prawns. I didn't strain the dipping sauce. I simply reduced it until I got a consistency I liked. I also used Serrano instead of jalapeno. Skewering the prawns was a little tricky. I am not sure if I did it as intended but it came out well. Next time I will take a picture and add it tot he recipe."
"Her ideas are wonderful. I am a big fan, you should see if any investor are interested in opening up a nice restaurant in NYC.... I will keep an eye out for CHEF "R". please keep the recipes coming......" See more I loved the raspberry dipping sauce nice contrast"
"I only marinated mine for 15 minutes so as not to become tough because after that the cooking process will begin in the marinade before it even makes it to the oven. The shrimp picked up all the good ..." See moreflavors in that amount of time. Also, I added a bit more sugar and vinegar to the sauce according to our liking. I didn't discard liquid. You may want to remove white membrane inside pepper if you don't like so much heat. A few things to work out yet an over-all good dish, but preferably with these changes (for us.)"
Zippy Summer Shrimp
Shrimp Lollipops with Pineapple Chili Dipping Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.