Bats and Cobwebs46 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“We make this for Halloween every year at my son's request! It's like spaghetti using bow-tie pasta! It is mixed together with mozzarella cheese cubes and baked in the oven. The bow-tie pasta is the bats and the stringy, gooey mozzarella cheese is the cobwebs!” - by Kristin Rae
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water, bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Boil pasta, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a large skillet until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in pasta sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir cooked pasta and half of the mozzarella cheese into the sauce; toss to combine. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 522 cal
- 23.1 g
- 47.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"This was a big hit with the kids and the Husband. I used Ragu Original and think a nicetouch to it would be to add some olives and mushrooms...." See more"
"I didn't actually make this but I've made recipies like this with penne so I know it's great, and just the idea of using bowties and calling it bats and cobwebs makes it a 5 star! What a cute idea!!..." See more"
Grammy's Overnight Lasagna
Timballo Spaghetti Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.