Herbed Oyster Stuffing2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Oyster stuffing is a holiday classic that's good any time of year . . . and our easy to make version is so moist and flavorful, it may become a tradition at your table.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 12 cups
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Divide the bread cubes between 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the bread cubes are golden. Let the bread cubes cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets on wire racks.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Cook the bacon in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain the bacon on paper towels. Pour off any fat.
- Heat the butter in the saucepan. Add the onions, celery, garlic and thyme and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the broth and reserved oyster liquid. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the bread cubes, bacon and oysters and mix lightly. Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3 1/2-quart casserole. Cover the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Finally found the oyster stuffing recipe I'll make every year! Made it just like the recipe except added about a teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning. My husband raved over it...." See more"
"This was my first time trying oyster stuffing. I usually go the corn-bread and sausage route, but this recipe caught my eye. Admittedly, the 4 out of 5 stars is more my fault than the recipe's. I d..." See moreecided to get fancy and use smoked oysters. The smoky taste was too much with the bacon. It was still REALLY good, I ate multiple helpings! But next time I will go with the recipe and just use regular oysters. But using the same pan that the bacon was fried in to sautee the onions and garlic was genius! It added such a great texture and flavor. I'm eager to try this one again as written! Thanks!"
Sausage and Bean Ragout
Moist and Savory Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.