Lemon-Herb Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy11 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Moist and juicy with a simple pan gravy, this savory roast chicken will be your go-to recipe when you want to make your family or guests feel welcome and appreciated.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grate 1 1/2 teaspoons zest and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice from the lemon.
- Stir the lemon zest, lemon juice, soup, rosemary, thyme and garlic in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup soup mixture for the gravy. Place the chicken into a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Brush the chicken with 1/4 cup soup mixture.
- Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Spoon off any fat from the pan juices. Stir the wine in the roasting pan and heat over medium-high heat to a boil, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the reserved soup mixture and water and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the gravy with the chicken.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 508 cal
- 32.7 g
- 6.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"A nice, tasty, simple chicken recipe. I used boneless-skinless chicken breasts, so that makes it quicker than an entire chicken. I used only the juice from the lemon (no zest). Juice amount was 2T...." See more I mixed all of the ingredients in a bowl, put the chicken in a Pyrex dish and poured the mixture over the top. Baked at 375 for 40 minutes. I served it with steamed rice that I steamed with chicken broth and some of the remaining fresh herbs. There is plenty of "gravy" to pour over the chicken and rice. Nice flavor, tender chicken. I will make this again, the family enjoyed it. Don't make it you don't care for lemon flavoring as you can definatley taste it in the recipe!"
"Did this with chicken breasts instead and lemon juice instead of zest (I didn't want the flavor too strong) and it was SO SO good! The meat was so moist and flavorful, definitely a hit...." See more"
Crunchy Chicken and Gravy
Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
Just swipe to see more like this.