Tomato Carrot Spice Cake2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“Lots of grated carrots, raisins, walnuts and (surprise!) condensed tomato soup make this cake moist and delicious; serve with orange-flavored whipped cream.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with the cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs with a fork or wire whisk in another large bowl. Beat in the soup, oil, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the carrots.
- Add the soup mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just to moisten. Stir in the raisins and walnuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
- Stir the cream, orange peel and liqueur in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until the mixture is stiff. Serve the whipped cream mixture with the cake.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 403 cal
- 19.8 g
- 52.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe I could run with and make into healthy breakfast/snack muffins my own way with healthier ingredients and on hand pantry items. Really easy!..." See more"
Tomato Soup Spice Cake
Glazed Carrot Raisin Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.