Blue Cheese, Walnut, and Pear Pizza7 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“A fresh and tasty appetizer pizza.” - by M.J.W.
Original recipe yields 1 pizza
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan. Bake in the preheated oven until just crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the garlic, Dijon mustard, rosemary, and vinegar in a food processor or blender. Turn on, and drizzle in the olive oil slowly until the dressing has thickened. Quickly pulse in 1/4 cup of blue cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vinaigrette over the pizza crust. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of blue cheese evenly over the crust, followed by the mozzarella cheese. Arrange the sliced pears over the cheese, and sprinkle with the toasted walnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted and is bubbly, 7 to 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into slices.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 427 cal
- 28.4 g
- 34.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious pizza. Easy to make and all the flavors work amazingly well together. An excellent alternative to a heavier traditional style pizza. Will definitely make this again soon...." See more"
"We enjoyed this in spite of the fact that the pears I used did not have a ton of flavor. This would make a really nice party appetizer, cut into small wedges. From a presentation point of view, the ..." See morepear slices looked a little dry when this came out of the oven. Next time I think I'll try heating a little bit of apple jelly and brushing it on the fruit before it goes into the oven. For whatever reason, the crust ended up tough/too chewy...I used a Boboli thin pizza crust. In the future, I think I'll use my own homemade pizza crust. This is very rich, the vinaigrette has a wonderful herb-garlic-blue cheese flavor, and it was dinner last night with a big tossed salad. IMO this is best served warm. Thanks M.J.W. for a new recipe that definitely is "outside the box.""
Pizza On The Grill I
Cheese Ravioli with Three Pepper Topping
Just swipe to see more like this.