Gingerbread Cheesecake4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 6 hr 20 min
“This creamy, spiced cheesecake is baked on a gingersnap crust and topped with rich and creamy chocolate before serving.” - by Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Original recipe yields 16 (100 g) pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add molasses, vanilla and spices; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Microwave chocolate and whipping cream in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min; stir. Microwave 30 sec to 1 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Pour over cheesecake.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 373 cal
- 27.4 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This was fabulous. Made exactly as is. Perfect balance of flavors!..." See more"
"Awesome cheesecake! It tastes VERY similar to pumpkin cheesecake without the pumpkin. I made them into mini cheesecakes (regular muffin size). Here are the things I did differently: 1. Used 1/2 a ..." See morelb box of gingersnaps - grind finely in a food processor. A 1/2 box is about 2 cups crumbs. Add 1 tbsp sugar and if you're using unsalted butter (as I did), add 1/8 tsp salt. 2. Pressed about 1 heaping tbsp crumb mixture into 24 muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes then cool. 3. Used 1 pkg 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese and 2 pkg normal. 4. Baked muffin tins in a water bath for 12-13 minutes. DID NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR. When the timer went off, I just shut off the oven and left it closed for about 3 hours, then opened it a crack to let some more heat out, then removed after about another hour. Waterbath + slow cooling = no cracks! 5. Ended up only making 22 cheesecakes (about 1/4 cup of filling per cake). Topped with a ganache of 1 cup heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 c dark chocolate chips + 3/4 c milk chocolate chips (all I had on hand). Made WAY too much chocolate - should have only made half."
Just swipe to see more like this.