Chicken Quesadillas451 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is a great recipe for parties. I freeze the leftovers; they reheat quite well. The zesty chicken and cooked peppers are a succulent delight when mixed with the melted cheeses. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.” - by Heather
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat the broiler. Grease a baking sheet.
- Toss the chicken with the fajita seasoning, then spread onto the baking sheet. Place under the broiler and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onion, and chicken. Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, then sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and Monterey Jack. Fold the tortillas in half and Place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until the cheeses have melted, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 244 cal
- 11.3 g
- 21.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (451)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent Quesidillas! Just wanted to gives a heads up on two issues. First, most fajita mixes contain MSG (some people are adverse to this, understandably) Here is a good mix recipe: 3 Tbsp. cornstar..." See morech 2 Tbsp. chili powder 1 Tbsp. salt 1 Tbsp. paprika 1 Tbsp. sugar 2-1/2 tsp. crushed chicken bouillon cube 1-1/2 tsp. onion powder 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1/2 tsp. cumin Preparation: Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Pour into an airtight container.Makes the equivalent of 3 packets of commercial or purchased Fajita Seasoning Mix. Also, to crisp a tortilla; spread tortilla with butter before baking or wet with a bit of water. Awesome recipe!"
"Pretty good, but I made these again and changed things a bit and liked it better. I omitted the bacon, instead of green peppers I used green chili peppers, used green onions and made my own fajita ty..." See morepe seasoning that was not as spicy. Used two tortillas instead of folding one, brushed lightly with butter then grilled on the griddle about 3-4 minutes per side. Turned out perfectly browned and crispy, not dry at all. Served with a mixture of sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. Thanks for the initial idea."
Pico de Gallo Chicken Quesadillas
Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
Just swipe to see more like this.