Shrimp and Crab Macaroni Salad16 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 45 min
“A cool main dish seafood salad for hot summer days using small salad shrimp and either imitation or real crabmeat.” - by Fred
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and let cool. Peel eggs and reserve 1 egg for the garnish. Chop the remaining 4 eggs.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine macaroni, eggs, celery, onion, green pepper, shrimp and crab.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, dill, mint, salt, sugar, cocktail sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour the dressing mixture into the macaroni mixture and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle top with paprika and decorate with extra sliced egg. Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 4 to 6 hours.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 621 cal
- 35.7 g
- 44.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is wonderful! I also make this with small seashell pasta and small salad shrimp. I recommend substituting sour cream for the milk as well. Thanks for the great recipe!..." See more"
"I took this recipe, when we went camping w/ friends and everyone loved it!! I did add a carrot (shredded) & 1 1/2 teaspoons of Bayou Cajun Seafood seasoning! I did take the others advice and rep..." See morelaced the milk w/ sour cream. Because I was taking this on a camping trip and did not want it to dry out, I did put in 2 Tablespoons of milk! This was very flavorfull!! Oh, I did replace the 3 cups elbow macaroni with: 2 cups shell macaroni."
Honey-Mustard Macaroni Salad
Crab Macaroni Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.