Ghirardelli Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Hearts30 Reviews
“Whether you make one 9-inch round cheesecake or little individual heart-shaped cakes, this decadent double-layer chocolate and raspberry cheesecake drizzled with chocolate ganache is irresistibly delicious for any special occasion.” - by Ghirardelli
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- CRUST: In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add the chocolate graham crackers, ground almonds, and sugar and mix until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- PUREE: In a saucepan, combine raspberries and sugar. Bring to boil, and continue boiling 3-5 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Strain sauce through a mesh strainer to remove seeds and set aside.
- CHEESECAKE: In a small pot over low heat, bring the whipping cream to just boiling. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Set aside for 5 minutes and then stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Remove approximately 1 1/2 cup of this batter and place into a smaller bowl and add 1/2 cup raspberry puree. Blend until combined. Add the melted chocolate to the remaining batter and mix until combined. Pour the chocolate cheesecake batter into the pan. Very carefully layer the raspberry cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool in pan, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold before removing from pan.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 961 cal
- 75.3 g
- 68 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"I made the heart-shaped cakes for a special Valentines Day event. I used 4 oz of cream cheese and it turned out perfectly (1/2 of a 250 gram block for my fellow Canadians). I put parchment paper in th..." See moree bottom of my 9X13 pan and buttered it; that made it a lot easier to remove the hearts as I cut each one. I had also cut a second piece of parchment in the same size and used it to plan. I traced around my cookie cutter with pencil so I could see how to arrange the cutting and thus, minimize waste. For the raspberry puree, I used a 400 gram container of frozen raspberries (we don't use ounces here) and added another tablespoon of sugar - that worked fine. I chilled the cheesecake overnight and the next day, I heated the leftover raspberry puree to boiling and added 2 tbsp of cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water, stirring until thick and then let it cool a bit. This thickened it beautifully for topping the cakes. For the drizzle, I heated 1/8 cup whipping cream in the microwave to boiling and added 1/2 cup chocolate chips, letting it sit for about 2 minutes and then stirring until smooth. I poured it into a sandwich baggie and cut a tiny hole in one corner to use as a decorating bag. I had more than enough drizzle to decorate them. I got 8 nice generous heart-shaped portions. Thanks for a great recipe!! I will definitely make it again :)"
"Are people NOT READING the recipe right.It states 4-8oz. pkgs of cream cheese,not 4 oz. of an 8oz pkg.If they would use the appropriate amount, they will realize how good this really is...." See more"
"This is a very rich dish. I followed the directions to-a-t and it turned out great. However it isn't very cheesecakey. The chocolate layer is more like a fudge than a cheesecake. If you want chees..." See moreecake, this probably isn't the best recipe as is. I baked it for 40 minutes in a 13X9. Definitely line it with parchment paper if you are wanting to use cookie cutters, I ended up sabotaging a portion of it trying to get it out of the pan!!"
Ghirardelli Chocolate Mousse
Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.