Lubed-Up Hot Wings1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A Pittsburgh favorite! Classic hot wings with a sweet and spicy kick. Serve with bleu cheese or ranch dressing.” - by Chip Homer
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the bread flour and ground cereal. Coat the wings in the egg mixture, then in the cereal mixture.
- Fry the wings, 6 at a time, in the oil until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Let wings drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- While wings are frying, mix the melted butter, hot sauce, bourbon, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and habanero sauce in a large plastic tub with a lid. Place the wings into the sauce, close the lid, and shake to coat wings with sauce.
- Place the wings on the prepared baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven until the sauce is slightly sticky, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 320 cal
- 23.7 g
- 11.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I found these to be very good. The texture & flavor of the wing after deep-frying were spot on. I wasn't quite sure what was meant on the cereal & brown sugar thing, so I just used Cap'n Crunch. The s..." See moreauce: I tasted it after mixing & was a little sweet , so I added more hot sauce to balance it out (just my preference). I also baked once as directed & then poured more sauce on them & baked again for 10 more minutes. These are quite messy, so you will need a wet finger towel at the table. You also need more oil for frying them."
Detroit Hot Honey Wings
Just swipe to see more like this.