Slow Cooked Barbecue Beer Beef25 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 10 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 10 hr 35 min
“Delicious slow-cooked barbecue beef. Served this at a Super Bowl® party and it was a big hit!” - by allison
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Place the onion and garlic into a large slow cooker. Pour in the ketchup, beer, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke; set aside. Combine the salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, oregano, and brown sugar until evenly blended. Rub the spice mixture all over the beef brisket. Place the brisket into the slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture over top.
- Cover, and cook on Low until the beef is easily shredded with two forks, 10 to 12 hours.
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker, and place into a large bowl. Ladle the fat from the remaining sauce in the slow cooker and discard. Pour about 2 cups of the sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, and stir into the simmering sauce. Cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Meanwhile, shred the meat into small pieces using two forks.
- Pour the thickened sauce and remaining sauce from the slow cooker into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth and pour into a clean pot. Alternately, you can use a stick blender and puree the sauce right in the slow cooker.
- Stir the shredded beef and pureed sauce together in the slow cooker. Use tongs to serve the beef on the potato buns.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 374 cal
- 19.2 g
- 35.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"This was wonderful! The only thing I left out was the liquid smoke flavoring. I slow cooked it for about 10 hrs. and it was very flavorful and moist. I used whole wheat buns and veggies to complete th..." See moree meal. I will be making this again..."
"I decided to make this for our Super Bowl party. I like to cook something easy and it has to have great spices/seasonings to have a wonderful flavor. This was AWESOME! Friends & family walked in th..." See moree house and loved the smell of the brisket. To sum it up. . . they licked the crockpot clean and wanted more."
Bangin' Smokey Beef Brisket
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
Just swipe to see more like this.