Elegant Coconut Bavarian Cream1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 50 min
“A family recipe usually saved for special occasions, this looks beautiful served in wine or martini glasses. It has a rich taste with a light texture. I recommend starting early on this, as the dessert needs time to set in the refrigerator. Great for when the oven is occupied with other dishes!” - by cezar
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and set aside to soften for 10 minutes. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the milk just to the boiling point.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and salt. In a steady stream, pour the hot milk into the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Add the softened gelatin to the hot custard and stir until fully dissolved. Stir in the vanilla extract. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Toast the coconut on a baking sheet until golden, about 4 minutes, stirring once or twice. (You may use a toaster oven for this step). Transfer to a plate to cool, reserving about 1 tablespoon toasted coconut for garnishing.
- Whip the egg whites until medium-stiff peaks form; gently fold the egg whites into the cooled custard mixture.
- Whip the cream until medium-stiff peaks form. Fold the cream into the custard mixture, along with the toasted coconut. Pour the Bavarian cream into serving glasses and chill for at least three hours before serving. Garnish with the reserved toasted coconut.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 162 cal
- 8.5 g
- 15.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Even though I had to add to this recipe because mines was a little to loose . I loved the taste . I added powder coffee creamer and bavarian flavor oil it was great . Thanks !..." See more"
Coconut Cream Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.