Bangin' Smokey Beef Brisket22 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 5 hr
- Ready In: 1 day 5 hr 5 min
“Marinated for 24 hours, then slow-cooked in the oven with beer. YUM! For leftover sandwiches, just add a really good BBQ sauce, (not too much... just enough to bind) to the brisket and put it on a really good toasted roll and top with coleslaw! Serve with your favorite beer.” - by Micki
Original recipe yields 1 5-pound brisket
- Whisk together the beef broth, 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and onion powder in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the brisket, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Turn the bag over a few times to ensure the meat is evenly marinated.
- Preheat an oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Place the garlic, 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour in the beer.
- Remove the brisket from the marinade, and shake off excess. Place the brisket into the baking dish, and top with onion rings. Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, and discard the remaining marinade.
- Bake in the preheated oven until very tender, about 5 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 150 degrees F (65 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 231 cal
- 17.8 g
- 3.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"This was really good and I followed the recipe until the end. Upon tasting it, the texture was really tender, but the flavor was a little more "roast like". To suit my taste for brisket, I shredded ..." See moreit, added some of my favorite tangy bbq sauce and returned it to the oven to heat through. This made it great for us--my 5 yr. old loved it too. Yum!"
"This was very easy to make and a hit with the family. Used BullsEye BBQ sauce instead of smoke flavouring which I added to the beer before braising...." See more"
Simply the Easiest Beef Brisket
Spicy Beef Brisket
Just swipe to see more like this.