Brussels Sprouts and Feta Pastry Roll4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“My roommate used to call Brussels sprouts 'Little Horribles' -- well, not any more! An elegant looking pastry roll that's great as an appetizer, or as a main feature for vegetarians.” - by scottiebaker
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a saucepan with about 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat until they are bright green and tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain, and allow to cool.
- Mix the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- Place the cooled Brussels sprouts into the work bowl of a food processor. Add basil, onion, walnuts, and almonds; process until the mixture is finely chopped, about 15 seconds. Remove Brussels sprouts mixture to a bowl, and mix in the feta cheese and lemon juice mixture to form a moist filling.
- Lay the 2 sheets of puff pastry out on a work surface. Divide the filling in half, and spoon and pat half the filling on each square. Leave about 3/4 inch of puff pastry bare at one end of the square. Roll each square up into a roll, and pinch the unfilled end of the pastry sheet closed. Place the filled rolls onto the prepared baking sheet, seam sides down.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 511 cal
- 39.1 g
- 31.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Yum! I pretty much followed the recipe, I had to use agave instead of honey. Fast and easy to make. Will definitely make again though, I will probably make them smaller/bite size. This recipe could ..." See morebe a base for other veggie and cheese combos which I will hopefully try in the near future."
Brussels Sprouts in a Sherry Bacon Cream Sauce
Baked Chicken & Brussels Sprouts
Just swipe to see more like this.