RWOP Finalist: Breakfast Empanadas with Chipotle Cream11 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“From Real Women of Philadelphia 2010 Finalist Stacey Shields: A savory breakfast dish, the spicy sausage and chilies really kick this up a notch. The chipotle cream is the perfect accompaniment and the biscuit dough saves a lot of time. ” - by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook sausage, crumbling into small pieces. Once cooked through, drain fat. Add 8 oz. cream cheese to sausage and stir until melted. Add tomatoes, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Open can of biscuits; separate each biscuit into 2 halves. Flatten each half with your hands to make larger. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of sausage mixture onto center of each biscuit; fold biscuit in half and seal by pressing edges together. Place on prepared baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with Chipotle Cream.
- Chipotle Cream: In a small saucepan, combine 4 oz. cream cheese, sour cream, chipotle peppers and garlic salt. Cook over medium heat until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 247 cal
- 17.9 g
- 14.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"Followed recipe and it turned out perfect. No changes needed as far as Im concerned. Thanks for the recipe...." See more"
"Delicious! A little time consuming but I'm sure they take less time than authentic empanadas. We had this for dinner with rice & beans...." See more"
Bacon Appetizer Crescents
Easy Baked Cheese and Vegetable Twist
Just swipe to see more like this.