RWOP Finalist: Asparagus and Parmesan Cream Pastry13 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Ready In: 37 min
“From Real Women of Philadelphia 2010 Host Mandy Heaston: Puff pastry squares are spread with cream cheese and Parmesan, topped with fresh asparagus spears and a drizzle of olive oil, then baked until golden brown. ” - by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove pastry dough from freezer and let thaw for 10 minutes.
- While dough is thawing, wash and trim asparagus so it is 1-1/2 inches shorter than width of pastry sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, grated Parmesan, chopped basil leaves and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Unfold dough onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Cut into 4 equal rectangles. Separate rectangles slightly on sheet.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto each of the pastry rectangles, not quite to edges. Press 4 asparagus spears onto each rectangle, alternating directions. Sprinkle pastries with sea salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until pastries are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cut each pastry in half and transfer to serving platter. Garnish with a sprinkle of shaved Parmesan cheese and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 317 cal
- 24.8 g
- 18.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"I made this yesterday for my husband and he loved it. We had it with a Mediterranean style salad and the combo was just delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe...." See more"
"i had this for dinner tonight and i can't believe how good it was! they didn't have fresh asparagus in the supermarket, so i used canned green asparagus instead and it tasted great! will make again so..." See moreon."
Bacon Appetizer Crescents
RWOP Finalist: Swiss Chard au Gratin
Just swipe to see more like this.