RWOP Finalist: Tantalizing Tilapia10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“From Real Women of Philadelphia 2010 Finalist Cynthia Price: This Cajun-inspired fish dish pairs tilapia and shrimp with a PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese-based sauce. Spicy and creamy! ” - by PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place 1 tsp. each of blackened seasoning, lemon pepper, garlic powder, gumbo file, cayenne pepper and Cajun gumbo seasoning mix in a bowl; mix.
- Season the tilapia by rubbing the seasoning mixture on both sides of the fillets.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place tilapia in the pan; cook first side. Continue to monitor this pan and turn fish once first side is browned.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining stick of butter in second large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic, green onions, mushrooms, cream of celery soup, cream cheese and heavy cream; stir gently to ensure a well-blended sauce.
- Once fish is browned on both sides, lower the heat on the pan to keep the fish warm, but not overcooked.
- To the cream cheese sauce, add 1 tsp. each of blackened seasoning, cayenne pepper, gumbo seasoning mix and parsley; mix well. Add the shrimp, stirring until the shrimp turns bright pink. Add mozzarella; stir until sauce is well blended.
- Place tilapia on a serving platter. Top the tilapia with the creamy sauce. Place 2 tsp. of parsley flakes across the dish for garnish. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 675 cal
- 53.7 g
- 8.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I have made this twice now and we love it. A little on the spicy side but sooooo good. This recipe is def a keeper!!!!..." See more"
"Made this tonight.. it was a hit! Awesome recipe.. Not too spicy, just right.. I'm from the South, so I have to ask what in the heck is Cajun Gumbo Seasoning?? I used Tony Chacheries Cajun Seasoning..." See more.. Definitely will make this again!"
RWOP Finalist: Breakfast Empanadas with Chipotle Cream
Creamy Tomato-Basil Pasta with Shrimp
Just swipe to see more like this.