Chocolate Pudding with Meringue4 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A rich, custardy, steamed chocolate pudding topped with chocolate meringue.” - by SALLYCOOKS
Original recipe yields 1 - 1 quart dish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 1 quart baking dish or pudding basin.
- Melt chocolate over low heat in small saucepan. Stir in milk and heat through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in 3 tablespoons sugar and salt. Beat in chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared dish. Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until set.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Beat in 3 tablespoons sugar and cocoa. Spoon meringue over baked pudding and return pudding to oven to brown meringue, 2 to 8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 249 cal
- 12.3 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Good! Not too sweet, nice texture. Be sure you whip the egg YOLKS only to add to the pudding. I doubled the recipe and it worked out well. Odd to put a towel in the pan, but it seemed to work great. T..." See morehis is especially nice eaten cold with whip creme on top. Thanks for a yummy recipe."
"I made it with splenda instead of sugar and it was still awesome! A bit of work for pudding, but very tasty. I also really liked the contrast between the thick pudding and the light meringue. Defin..." See moreitely a keeper!"
Chocolate Cream Pudding
Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.