Mom's Venison Barbeque Sauce6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“We grew up on venison, and this is one of my Mom's great barbeque sauces to make with it.” - by BK
Original recipe yields 4 steaks
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion in the melted butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir the ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and yellow mustard into the onion and butter; allow mixture to warm completely.
- Heat a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steaks with salt and black pepper; cook in the skillet until browned on each side, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour the sauce from the skillet over the steaks.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meat is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the steaks from the baking dish to a platter, shaking any excess sauce from the meat. Stir the cornstarch and water together until smooth in a small bowl, then mix into the hot sauce remaining in the baking dish until the mixture begins to thicken; pour over the steaks to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 337 cal
- 14.3 g
- 31 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
Venison with Sherry-Mushroom Sauce
Chicken Fried Venison Steaks
Just swipe to see more like this.