Cardamom Rose Meringues6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“These light, fluffy meringues with the delicate flavor of rose are enhanced by a kiss of cardamom.” - by chikalin
Original recipe yields 12 meringue cookies
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar together with an electric mixer on high speed until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Place sugar, water, rose extract, cardamom, salt, and food coloring in a saucepan, and bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer the mixture for a minute or two, stirring constantly, and very slowly pour the syrup in a thin stream into the egg whites, beating constantly with electric mixer on high speed. Beat until the syrup is incorporated and the meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Drop by spoonfuls or pipe into rosettes with a star tip onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meringues are hard, 1 to 1 1/2 hours; turn off the oven, and allow them to cool inside the oven to finish baking the insides.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 46 cal
- 0 g
- < 1%
- 11.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"this recipe was delightful, simple to make and beautiful results! I followed the rosewater substitution that you provided and it worked beautifully. Unless you're making enormous meringues, I would ..." See moreguess the yield is closer to 20+ per batch. These were perfect for people trying to avoid high fat, white flour or gluten. The guests all seemed to really enjoy these and they were very easy to make. Thank you."
Just swipe to see more like this.