Juicy Marinated Steaks57 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 20 min
“Tender, marinated steaks with a taste that will enhance and not overpower the flavor of a good steak.” - by Denis
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Stir the canola oil, root beer, Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, steak sauce, garlic salt, onion salt, black pepper, basil, thyme, and rosemary together in a bowl.
- Pierce the steaks in several places on both sides; arrange in a single layer in a shallow non-reactive dish. Pour the marinade over the steaks, flipping the meat to coat both sides. Allow to marinate in refrigerator 3 to 4 hours, flipping meat once halfway through.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and shake off excess moisture; discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the steaks until they are beginning to firm, and are hot and slightly pink in the center, 5 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) for medium.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 373 cal
- 29.7 g
- 6.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"good marinade-however anyone that cooks meat knows you don't pierce meat prior to cooking as it makes the meat give off the juices while cooking. And let the meat rest after cooking to allow meat to r..." See moreedistribute the juices contained inside the meat."
"I seldom marinate a quality steak but when I do, I do pierce the steak with a fork to allow the marinade to do it's work and I have never had a steak lose it's juices or dry out when poked PRIOR to co..." See moreoking. And I have grilled many, many great steaks in my life. One hint: For perfect medium-rare steaks, grill for 10 minutes per inch -- 2 minutes on the first side and the remaining time on the other side."
"I didn't use high-quality root beer, just whatever I could find. Also used a heaping spoonful of minced garlic in place of the garlic salt and fresh herbs instead of dried. It was amazing! Made the m..." See moreeat super tender and juicy. Flavor wasn't overpowering but added just enough to make the entire table say, "mmmmmmmm!" at the first bite. Great marinade!"
Juicy Butt Steaks
Emily's Marinated Venison Steaks
Just swipe to see more like this.