Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Asparagus and Parmesan Rice16 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Asparagus, ham, and cheese are stuffed into chicken breasts and served on top of cheesy tomatoes and rice.” - by maggiecp
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the asparagus, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper just until the asparagus is bright green and beginning to become tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Lay each chicken breast out onto a work surface, and place a slice of ham on the flattened breast. Place 1/4 of the asparagus mixture over the ham, and top with 1/4 of the Cheddar cheese. Roll the chicken breast around the filling and secure with toothpicks or tie with cotton kitchen string; place the stuffed breasts into a 9x13-inch baking dish, seam sides down. Top each breast with about 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, 30 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a stuffed breast should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Baste the stuffed chicken breasts occasionally with pan juices while baking.
- While chicken is baking, bring chicken broth and 1 tablespoon of butter to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in rice and tomatoes, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook the rice until tender and the broth has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and let rice stand covered for about 5 minutes; stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve stuffed chicken breasts on the cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 565 cal
- 24.2 g
- 43.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"My family and I thoroughly enjoyed this meal. The rice complimented the chicken very well and the asparagus gave it a fun flavor. I do not believe that I would change anything about this recipes...." See more"
"My husband and I LOVED this dish. I did not make any adjustments! Will definitely be making this one again!..." See more"
"This is excellent. It has a lot of flavor and the chicken turns out very juicy. I fixed extra asparagus for a side dish along with the rice, the whole meal is visually striking and delish. I will d..." See moreecrease the chicken broth to 1 3/4 cup instead of 2cups the next time I make it as it took around 35 minutes for the extra liquid to boil off. I used brown rice (I always use brown rice, much more fiber!). Otherwise I followed the directions to a tee and it was great."
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cornbread Dressing
Chicken Wild Rice Stuffed Red Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.