Chicken Poppy Seed Pasta Salad3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A great tasting and adaptable recipe from my mother-in-law! Poppy Seed dressing, linguine, veggies, and grilled chicken. You just can't stop eating it! Every ingredient can be adjusted to suit the tastes and needs of your family.” - by natalieR
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat; lightly oil the grill.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, grill the chicken breast halves until the meat is no longer pink in the middle and the juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chicken breast should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Allow to rest for about 5 minutes, then slice into bite-size pieces; keep warm.
- In a large salad bowl, lightly toss together the grilled chicken, hot cooked linguine, romaine, green pepper, red onion, and cucumber.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together safflower oil, cider vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, dry mustard powder, and green onions until smooth and evenly blended. Pour the dressing over the salad to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 662 cal
- 28 g
- 86 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made this recipe with a bit of a twist using bowtie pasta and bottled poppy seed dressing. I also deleted the cucumbers because I do not care for them in salads. The onion and green pepper provided ..." See morejust enough flavor with the creamy poppy seed dressing. It was fantastic and my husband loved it! It is a great summer meal."
"Very good mix of flavors. I will half the sugar next time, just a bit sweet for my taste. This salad was a huge hit at the last BBQ...." See more"
Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Poppy Seed Chicken Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.